New year message
As we step on to yet another new year, I wish you a year full of new opportunities and new beginnings.
I want to take this opportunity to let you know about ejunction, our social sustainability initiative that we floated in 2007, our achievements and our plans.
ejunction, as you already know, is a trust promoted by mjunction services limited, which was born of an earnest desire to make a difference in real and measurable ways to identified sections of the underprivileged and financially challenged. It imparts basic computer and communication skills, making them employable as well as creating employment opportunities for them. Based on the employee volunteering model, the trust brought in greater focus on employability in FY13, in order to create a more meaningful and visible change in the livelihoods of its target groups. Today, it also follows the collaborative approach, roping in the support of various NGOs, local youth clubs, corporate houses, industry bodies and government institutes.
A few of our notable achievements till date are as follows:
* More than 9,000 students trained across five cities and three district towns in 450 batches;
* 4,478 employability opportunities created till date;
* 2,750 students trained from the SC/ST community and 1350 from minority communities;
* In FY16 (till Q3) alone, 2,652 students have been trained and 1,120 employment opportunities created;
* Seven new centres started in FY16, among 40 centres in the three states of West Bengal, Jharkhand and Odisha;
* More than70% of our employees volunteer through a structured volunteering programme to help ejunction achieve its goals;
* ejunction works with the government of West Bengal – Women and Child Development Department and Vocational Training Department;
* Some of our corporate collaborators have been SAIL Bokaro, Tata Steel, Tata Tinplate and Apeejay Surrendra Group;
* ejunction is engaged with three government schools under the School Integration Programme.
* 30 resources have been recruited by mjunction from the ejunction student pool. Some of the other placement partners have been PwC, Khadim, Genius, Taj Hotels, Spencer’s, IFB, Ambuja Neotia and BMA Wealth Creators.
* In 2015 ejunction also won a few laurels and awards. They are: The Jury Choice Award at AIMA Summit in New Delhi at the 6th Business Responsibility Case Study contest 2015, the CII National Level Excellence award 2015 for Social Responsibility Practices in Service Sector and the Judges Choice Award at the IMC IT CSR Award 2015.
ejunction also plans to empower and support various Self Help Groups by promoting their products through its own portal.
I enlist your cooperation and support as we strive to make a difference to lives in a sustainable manner.